This section verifies a startup of CHIRIMEN and the basic operation as a web browser.
Following hardwares are required to perform the basic operations:
- CHIRIMEN board computer
- HDMI monitor (In order to display the output of CHIRIMEN )
- HDMI cable (It is attached to the typical CHIRIMEN package. )
- USB power cable for CHIRIMEN (It is attached to the typical CHIRIMEN package. )
- USB power source with the electric-current supply capacity of more than 1A is required
- USB mouse
Required equipments for WiFi connection (Optional)
In addition, the following is required for the application which connects CHIRIMEN to World-Wide Web.
- USB WiFi adapter
- The chipsets which may operate are RTL8188CUS or RTL8188RU or RTL8192CU. (Confirmation required) (confirm list item of operation)
- USB HUB
The image of equipments
The following board and cables may be enclosed by the package of typical CHIRIMEN.
The image of required additional equipments is attached below.
The connection diagram of a hardware is as follows.
The way it will be connected has been shown in the following picture.
The sequence for starting (boot-up)
- Fix a CHIRIMEN board on a non-conductor.
- Please make all the connection except a USB power source as a connection diagram.
Besides, when not trying WiFi, you may connect a mouse to a USB HOST terminator directly.
- Please switch on HDMI monitor’s power.
- Finally please switch on a USB power source.
- After the startup screen of Boot to Gecko OS appears, the desktop screen of Boot to Gecko is displayed after a while.
The confirm of the basic operation was completed.